Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of School

Sophie started first grade this year. I can't believe how fast she has grown up. It has been a bit of an adjustment having her gone all day. Sam gets pretty bored playing with his mom and having to find things to do to entertain himself. The first week of school was a a little bit hard for her she would come home from school saying that she doesn't like it and that she is "not going to go all day." I explained to her that she didn't really have a choice whether or not she went all day, that it is just something that you have to do as you get older. I also asked her to think of three things that she liked about school and she could tell me about it when she got home. It actually seemed to help her enjoy it a little better and the past few weeks have gone a lot better!





This is Sam's second year of pre-school. He is going to the same teacher that he had last year. I think that she does a really great job with the kids. I actually get to help teach two days which I really enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Sophie looks so cute for school! I love her outfit. And cute hair too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sophie's haircut it is too cute. It also looks like Sam is throwing gang signs in one of the pictures. Kind of like what his Uncle Aaron did when he was a kid. Some how I missed a few entries until now from the stretching one until Sophie's 7th Birthday one. Too cute they all are, I makes me feel like I am not missing out on everything.

    ReplyDelete