Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Great Day!

Well, yesterday started out not being a very good day. Trig was throwing up, his heartbeat was irregular and they had to put the tube back in to drain some fluid off. I have been up here without Keith since Monday and it just seemed like a lot to deal with by myself. But by the end of the night everything had kind of worked itself out and they were able to take his oxygen tube out. I woke up this morning to lots of snow in Park City, so I was stuck there until the afternoon when it cleared up a bit. I called Trig's nurse to tell her that I wouldn't be there until the afternoon and she told me that they had taken him off all of his medicines and that I would be able to hold him when I got there. I was so excited to be able to hold him and I couldn't believe that I was stuck in Park City. I decided to go to the outlets while I waited....I think it helped me pass time more quickly and not go crazy. Anyway I am writing from the hospital and have been able to hold Trig a lot today. It is so wonderful to finally have him in my arms. He still has a feeding tube and a few tubes to drain fluid so it is still a little awkward to hold him, so I can't wait to be able to munch on his little neck when he gets rid of the rest of the tubes. He is just too stinkin cute!!

6 comments:

  1. Jamie it took me a while to figure out how to leave a comment, I am just used to reading them. I thought it would be fun to leave you a comment. I cannot wait to come back up there with you and Trig tomorrow. The kids want to skip school in the morning and come right now, they sure miss their mom. And might I say, I miss her to. I am realizing how hard your job is, and I think I like being JUST the dad. I love you see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thats so great Jamie! I am glad things are going better. He is the cutest little guy ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this darn cold, I want to come up so bad. I think it is getting better, maybe I can soon. By next week I will have Callin and Davin and don't know how that will work out in coming up. When you get a chance take some more pictures for us to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that things are look up! That is so cool that you got to hold him all day! I cant wait until you get to bring him home! Hey I am suppost to tell you that my mom is think about you guys a lot! She was wondering if there is an address or a phone # she can have to get a hold of you to talk!

    Well I hope that all goes well with little Trig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keith, you crack me up. I am glad to hear that you appreciate your wife and all that she does.

    ReplyDelete