Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baseball, Sunshine, and Swimming!!

We headed down to St. George to watch my brother Tagg play in the Sunshine Tournament. Taggart's first game was at 10:00 on Friday morning so we hit the road at 4:00 just to make sure we made it in time. Well, when we got there we had 2 hours to spare and we had even stopped and eaten breakfast. It was probably a good thing that we were there so early because on the ride down I figured out that I left the bag with the kids clothes for the day, there only pair of shoes, all of my stuff to get ready for the day and even the sunscreen, at home (I will definitely admit that I don't have a brain at regular hours in the day but especially not at 4:00 in the morning). So we headed to Target for a little shopping spree.

We had a great time watching Taggart play. The whole team played awesome! They won every game and 10 runned most of the teams. In the end they ended up winning the tournament for the 5th year in a row. Go Dons!!! Keith and I have always wanted to go down for Sunshine but have never been able to. We figured with this being Taggart's last year that there was no way we were going to miss it! It was definitely a needed and fun little get away!




At one of the games we went to, Sam looked out into the field at the other team and said "This team looks like Wimps."

Here is Grandma Joan (most people think that she is my older sister, not my mom) holding Trig. I think that this picture of Trig is so funny, he doesn't look like he has a neck.

Here we all are after the Championship Game.( my other Brother Matt and his Wife Barbie were also supposed to come down but ended up not being able to make it. We missed them and wished that they would have been able to come!)

Tagg has played with these boys since he was about eight. They have become a really awesome team and great friends. After the game Sophie said "Mom, I feel really proud of the Dons!" Such a cute girl!!

Can you tell that Sophie and Trig loved watching the ball games? I guess we tuckered them right out by waking up so early the day before.
The kids definitely didn't enjoy the games as much as Keith and I did, but they still had a lot of fun.




All the kids wanted to do was go swimming. Keith really wanted to take the kids up to the Narrows, he thought that they would think it was really cool. So the second morning that we were there we told the kids that after the first game we were going to go up to the mountains and do a little bit of hiking. Of course at this point there was complaining because all they wanted to do was swim. Well, Sophie and Sam ended up riding to the game with my parents and this was the conversation that they had:
Grandma: Well, so what do you guys want to do today after the game?
Sophie and Sam: We want to go swimming.
Sophie: But we can't because Mom is going to drag us up to the Rocky Mountains.
Needless to say by the time the game was over, the kids were ornery, hot and tired (so was Mom)....so they got their wish....after they took a nap.




My handsome Boys!!




7 comments:

  1. Its so good to know that I am not the only one that has to suffer with people thinking my mom is my sister! But hey, that means we're going to look young and hot when we're older ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun! We are headed to St George in a few weeks and I can't wait. Isn't it funny how the kids are so happy just hanging out at the hotel.

    By the way Jamie, you look great! Very cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a good time! I miss the Sunshine Tourny times. I can't believe Tagg, I haven't seen him in a very long time. Good job DONS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun, I love the picture of you Jamie with the ball cap on, you look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol that is so funny because I thought that was your sister too until I read the writing! LOL Trig is getting BIG! LOL

    ReplyDelete