Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sophie's first Day of 2nd Grade

When we moved and Sophie found out that she would be going to a new school she was not excited. She was nervous about making new friends. I was her same age when I moved to a new school and I remember feeling the same way. But it just so happens that there are a lot of girls her same age on our street, so it has made things a lot easier. Two of the girls that live across the street from us come and pick Sophie up everyday to walk down to the bus stop. I am so glad that she has been able to make friends so quickly.

Sophie met her teacher the day before school started and was so excited. Her teachers name is Miss Camper. When she came home from school the first day I asked her how it went and she said she loved it. I asked her how she likes her teacher and she said she LOVES her. I think that the year will go pretty well.


Sophie and Sam both picked out high top Converse for school. I remember my first pair of Converse and I loved them. I love Sophie's bubble gum pink pair....too cute!! Sam chose black, we will be posting a picture of them on Sam's first day of school.




Of course there has to be "the pose."


8 comments:

  1. What a cute girl Sophie is. I am so glad that she loves school. I want to come see the now house sometime. Maybe next time I come down to visit my Mom? I will call you. I also remember my first pair of converse shoes... turquoise. I later had a pair of red and green plaid Christmas ones that had bells that hung from the back. Isn't that hilarious? I wish I would have kept the Christmas ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course there would be. it wouldn't be soph with out it. I have at least 30 pictures of her doing similar poses. she's a cutie...of course...she's a richards and my neice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam is so handsome. He looks more and more like that bratty big brother of mine every day. But I guess that's not such a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just noticed that I was making comments under Melynn. Awesome!!! Triggy is so cute with that curly red hair. I think if you cut it you would be in big trouble from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Sophie is doing good. It is so hard to move. Can't wait to see pics of Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute, I love the dress code idea devyn's school has but sometimes I wish I could just buy some fun cute clothes for school like this. Oh well. We need to have Sophie over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for Sophie! I am so excited that everything is going well with the new house, new friends, and new school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh a girl after my own heart, but I knew that already. Tell her Aunt Veronica is also a big fan of converse. I love her pink ones. I can't wait to see Sam's, I have a black pair as well although they are pretty worn out. Tell those kids to stop growing, pretty soon they are going to be older then me.

    ReplyDelete