Friday, November 11, 2011

I'm a big boy now!!

Trig wanted nothing to do with being potty trained!!  He was perfectly content wearing diapers...however I was not perfectly content having 2 kids  in diapers.  So I knew that I needed to figure something out but I didn't really know where to begin.  Sophie and Sam were both potty trained by 2 1/2 and they basically potty trained themselves.

I took Trig to his 3 year check up and his Dr. asked me how he was doing with potty training and I told him he wasn't doing very well at all so his Dr. asked me if he could talk to Trig.   The Dr. said to him "Trig your a big boy now and you don't need to wear diapers any more.  Diapers are for your baby sister.  I want you to start using the bathroom on the toilet and your mom can call me and tell me what a big boy you are when you don't need diapers anymore".  Well, this is basically the same thing that Keith and I had been telling him for months but for some reason it worked.  We came home from the Dr's office and he put on his underwear...he had several accidents that day but by the next day he had it down and hasn't had any accidents since.  YIPPEE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment