Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fun Smith's Shopping Trip!!

A few years ago when I delivered the newspaper I was able to get as many coupons as I wanted, so I started doing Savvy Shopper a little bit. With coupons I was able to get fruit snacks and granola bars for 25 cents a box. I would get other things here and there for good deals but it really was mostly Quaker products and fruit snacks. I remember having 40 boxes of fruit snacks in my pantry at one time. Well, I decided to try it again. I get 5 newspapers every Sunday (I can't believe that I didn't take advantage of as many coupons as I wanted, when I was delivering the newspaper....but I would never do that job again, even for all the coupons that I could get!) and I clip all the coupons out of them. It is time consuming but it definitely paid off on my last trip to Smith's...here is the run down
8 boxes of Nabisco Crackers
7 bags Mission tortillas
6 bags goldfish
3 tubs butter
2 tombstone pizzas
4 boxes capri suns
2 cans planters cashews
2 keebler cookies
2bags Armour meatballs
2 gallons milk
2 boxes Krusteaz muffin mix
1 bag tortilla chips
1 bag cheetos
4 Sobe
4 cans tomatoes
4 quaker Quakes
2 Hershey's candy bars
1 bag rolls
Cost -144.78
Spent- 51.13
(plus I have a 10.00 mail in rebate so it is actually 41.00)
Saved- 93.65 WooHoo!!
Smith's was out of a lot of the "real" food that I wanted ( I'll be making another trip back tomorrow) so this looks like a lot of junk food. But hey who can pass up Keebler cookies for.19 cents??

5 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!!! Way to go Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I really should do that. That is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I do the coupon shopping thing too. I hate it/but after it's all said and done I'm glad I do it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never done that before, but by the looks of it I should try! When I saw your post on Sabrina's page I assumed it was a fun (sarcastic) trip shopping with your kids!

    ReplyDelete